Ay yi yi! It's been WAY too long.
So, I watched the most disturbing movie EVER last night: Requiem for a Dream. Let me say that unless you are prepared for total disturbance and depression for a night, don't do it. The whole reason we watched it was because a documentary Four A's sponsored called Downfall sucked and I needed to redeem my dramatic drug film feelings. It was supposed to be riveting and about Crystal meth use. Well, it sucked. So, after talking about better drug movies, Clare and Matt recommended Requiem. Holy Moly. Yeah. I actually had to think happy thoughts and look at pictures before I went to bed, because I couldn't get the images and the horror out of my mind and knew I would've had nightmares. It was that chilling.
So, a lot happened in February. Although, a short month, it was jampacked full of fun things. Went to Juneau for a retreat. Incredibly beautiful and refreshing. Went to Big Lake Ranch with Four A's for a client retreat. Went with the housemates to Willow, Alaska--we rented a public use cabin and chilled there for a night. It was quite cold, and we had to drag our wood in, but it was really fun. Had some boxed Franzia wine. And it snowed gobs on Saturday, so that was really pretty. It's the Iditarod this weekend! I'm helping out with this benefit for a little while Saturday then watching the doggies go ballistic down 4th ave! Should be awesome!
In other news, I've been trying to study for this effing MCAT. I've got to buckle down more. It's so depressing to look at this MCAT material when you would rather being doing anything other than study. But, I guess if I'm serious about medical school...
Mardi Gras was quite different this year. No one even knows what it is in Alaska, and we didn't get off! How sad. :( And now today's Ash Wednesday. We are all meeting at the downtown cathedral for Mass. Should be good.
Other than that, it's still cold. We had a freakish warm spell. But now it's 12 degrees. Quite chilly. I can't wait until we get some freaking warmth. At least the sun is coming out; it's not dark all the time.
I'll try to be better with this blog thing. Oh, and if you're not on myspace.com, do it! It's totally worth it! It's better than Facebook. I'm getting to see all these high school people that I ever forgot existed! Crazy!
Oh and funny little thing of the day: I installed a new phone in the client room. It required me getting under the computer desks and stuff. Well, I was on all fours, and I hear, "Wow...now that's a great angle of you" from a male client. And surprised and being sassy, I got up and said, "Are you saying other angles of me aren't as good," (laughing) to which he responded, "No, it's just that one is particularly inviting." So, yeah. Good times.
xxx
3.01.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ok, that's kind of creepy.
In other news, I was watching the new season of the Real World last night and I sooo wanted you to watch it with me. They have this totally crazy semi-bulemic chick on there. She is messed up! Anyway, I miss you.
Ok that is a little wierd Dan, but at least you're getting along with your clients.It's good to hear from you again.
Post a Comment