Where Clare is...the city of Angels...So...Andy's here in this great freezing state. She came on the coldest days so far. It was -15 without the wind chill. Haha--it was awesome.
We did have a great weekend, though. Even though I couldn't catch up and talk to anyone on the phone because we were so busy. Friday, we had a surprise birthday party for an FJV and then went out to the bars that night...got a little tipsy...Saturday, Andy and I ice skated, walked around a nearby park, went cross-country skiing, went for Thai, then to Folk Fest (some great bands...and a threesome that I'm convinced was a bigamy deal...they were so so sketchy...straight out of Deliverance), and then for some cocktails, and then over to Stu's for some Margaritas...and Sunday, we went shopping for a while, then to an Aces hockey game (good 6-dollar Bud Lights and hot dogs...we won, though...6 to 1!), then watched Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy...good times...
Needless to say, I'm exhausted now.
Yesterday, Monday, was crazy though! Over the weekend, our office building got broken into. Four A's had broken windows, doors, cabinets...and I was one of the lucky victims! They crowbarred my door and my file cabinet is SO SO BUSTED! So, yesterday was spent organizing and filing and keeping our files confidential...whatever that means. I'm convinced they stole one of my Clif energy bars though...although I didn't report it, because that would have been pathetically weird.
So, when I got home, I was drained, but went ahead and went downtown on the bus with Andy. We ate at Humpy's...Alaskan king crab cakes, Alaskan microbrews, smoked salmon Caesar salad, and halibut tacos...I guess you can tell we're trying to cram as much of the Alaska experience in as possible. I was so stuffed. Then, we got Alaskan Chai at Kaladi Bros. Haha.
So, that's the recent play-by-play. Going to see Proof with Jake Gyllenhaal and Anthony Hopkins at Bear Tooth tonight! So excited!
And in other news, one of my favorite clients is basically on his death bed. He has a CD4 count of two...that's right: two. Yeah, you're supposed to have like 1,000. So, his AIDS, Hep. C, and now, possible cancer, are all catching up with him. And he's a crackhead and homeless, which doesn't help. I took Andy to visit him with me last Friday, and incidentally, the doctor came in and told him that he had like two months with us in the room. It was a little eye-opening for a Friday afternoon, and what I expected to be a little hospital visit.
Well, I guess that's all.
Oh.
Simplicity challenges. So, one of the "pillars" of the program is simple living. We decided to start doing weekly challenges to be in solidarity with each other and be aware of what we take for granted...sounds good? Yeah...well...
How gross is this...we started last week...our first one was no sweets, which was fine. However, this week was limited showers. Yeah. You read right. We discussed what limited was. I was fine taking 3-minute showers every day, because I could...but apparently that wasn't good enough...after battling what that meant, we sort of agreed that we only get three showers until next Tuesday. Um, yeah. Simplicity, or a pain in the ass...you decide. Sorry if you can smell me from the lower 48...
1 comment:
Shout out to Andy...tell her Belizian friends says hi. I hope you two continue to have a great time.
Stay warm,
Clare
P.S. I have news for you...I'll call soon!!:)
Post a Comment