1.19.2006

I guess you can take the Dan out of Alabama, but you can't take the Alabama out of Dan. :)

So, I've been doing lots o' random things in the office lately, but I've decided to take a quick break.

So this past weekend was one of the best ever! Well, last Thursday our office closed down for our annual staff retreat. We had this lecture on productivity (bleck) in the morning, but then went to this great local restaurant called Moose's Tooth that has amazing microbrews and the best pizza ever for lunch, and then bowling where I bowled a 161, the highest score--so I got this highest score for bowling award! That's right...who's impressed?

I went out Friday night...we all dropped lots o' money (that we don't really have) on beer. We spent like 120 bucks on beer for the six of us, and then taxied it home. We hadn't all been out to a bar since we first got up here...fun times. Saturday, we went snowshoeing up in Hatcher Pass...then that night I went with Stu to see Brokeback Mountain--awesome movie! Then Sunday, I went downhill skiing at Alyeska Resort in Girdwood! Then, I had Monday off! So yeah, I really can't complain that I'm not doing anything or not experiencing much up here!

It's flipping freezing outside now, though. My North Face got this icing all over the front so I had to take it into the dry cleaners. And it's like 8 degrees, feels like -1 today, which is when you need the warmest parka you can get that I don't get back until tomorrow night! BRRR! It's snowing outside, though, which is really peaceful! Too bad I'm stuck indoors!

In other news, this weekend will be fun, as well. We're going to play broomball or something else outdoors with our three support people. We'll have dinner at one of their houses, go outside and freeze, then go to someone else's for dessert and hot chocolate! We get taken care of, for sure! Oh, and Sunday, I have free tickets to Charlie Chaplin's City Lights. I've never seen a full film of his...but the score is set to a live orchestra, so I'm pumped about that!

Retreat in Juneau is coming up Feb. 9-12th. I'll see Kate Knudson and the other Alaska JVs. I'll be going up to Big Lake in Wasilla the following weekend for snowmachining and other outdoor stuff with Four A's, and then we're taking a winter vacation as a house to a cabin that you have to hike two miles to get to, take your fire wood, and everything! I'm telling you...being an Alaska JV is the way to go! You see the outdoors and it's all free!

I talked to Clare Bear on the phone Tuesday night for like 1.5 hours and it made me miss her, especially, but some of the college days. I'm so over college, but not the people...who knows when I'll see all of them again! But, I just couldn't stop laughing and smiling and being happy talking to Clare. And she totally reads these so: I LOVE YOU! MISS YOU BABE!

Well, I guess I should get back to work. More to come later. I'll have to follow-up on these amazing adventures!

OH--and I saw this indie film last night: Thumbsucker! SO SO SO SO SO GOOD! You have to see it if you haven't already. And Brokeback Mountain, as I've already plugged...AMAZING!

Peace and love to you all.
xxx

No comments: