3.22.2006

So, I have in the past felt like I've quipped certain phrases, especially (and mainly) in college. While I say things a lot like, "Sweet night," "God Bless America," "I'm not gonna lie," "I dunno," in my weird Danny/Daniel ways, I realize these really aren't patentable...funny, comical, yes...indicative of my uniqueness/weirdness/quirkiness, perhaps...but not something to patent.

So, something like "moe," I felt relatively sure that that was stolen from me from Will & Grace. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything else right now...BUT I know that was a debate of me thinking I actually coined things and others thinking I didn't. If you can think of any e.g.s (especially Caitlin and Clare), let me know...BUT...

I have a new one. And I'm putting it out there. And I refuse to believe that ANYONE else has thought of it. Are you ready? I've totally got you on the edge of your seat. Okay. It's not that huge...but it sort of is...

So, "T-DOW." Like T the letter and then DOW like in "DOW" Jones. And you're like WTF? Yeah. Guesses on what it means?

T-DOW equals "Tall Drink of Water." I'm sure most of you have heard that expression, "He's a tall drink of water," as in "he's attractive..."

And now how this came to be. We were watching Romero with Raul Julia last night for Spirituality night. And I couldn't get over how tall he looked. And so I kept thinking he's really tall, but he's not really that good looking. See Addams Family Values (Gomez Adams)...that's Raul Julia. But in his clerics, he just towered over all the citizens of El Salvador. So throughout the movie I was like...man...he's tall but not a "drink of water." Then I was like, "Who the hell thought of that expression? What does it mean exactly? Is that only for men..." and on and on. So, then I was like Hmmm...T.D.O.W...T-DOW! Then, I was reminded how everything I seem to invent just becomes integrated into colloquial conversation and I get jipped. Okay...so not everything...in fact, very few things...but this is TOTALLY going to take off. You'll see. It's started in Alaska and will be in a town close to you or in YOUR town relatively soon. You wait. The movie, btw, was really good...very social justice-y...very go Jesuits...go Catholics...go whatever.

So, yeah...straight women and gay men alike will be totally using, "T-DOW!"
"He's SUCH a T-DOW..."
And before it gets really popular: "T-DOW" (point point)...*whisper whisper*..and the T-DOW will have NO clue until the popularity really peaks...oh yeah...

And to be unprejudiced against height:
I'm totally an S-DOW...and don't forget the M-DOWs...

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Ok, you totally did not come up with "moe," and you used to say "Goood Night!" more than "sweet night." T-DOW is good, though. I've heard ta-dow, but not meaning anything really, just an interjection. Don't try to steal the Tall Drink of Water shirt, though--that was Greg or Greg and I. I think you came up with DFA, right? You're big on the initials. I'm trying to think of the other one that you thought you invented....arrrgh, maybe Clare can help me out. Remember when you used to say "bobo"? You were the first person I knew to use it like that.

Anonymous said...

Ok, the other one was "STO"...we said that all the time...but I don't remember who came up with it. T-DOW, I'll introduce it to the LA area and see if it takes off...maybe soon it will be on Will and Grace...gay men and straight women...I can hear it now.
Much love you sexy sexy S-DOW!!!

.daniel. said...

HOLY SHIT! You're right, kids! How could I forget DFA! And STO! I totally AM all about the acronyms!

DFA=Desperate for Affection
STO=Stating the Obvious...

I LOVE YOU CAITLIN and CLARE! I miss you two so so so so much. You two have no idea.

And Goood Night must have transformed into Sweeet Night because my housemates get a kick out of that.

I leave the Tall Drink of Water shirts to you and Greg. But T-DOW shirts are ALL mine!