So, this is what it's like to be a "bad" student...
This week has been sort of amazing. Due to happenstance and pure selfishness, I have skipped multiple classes. I've never had the courage to do so (I'm still a goody goody in some (make that many) regards), but it's been restorative. I think my mind, body...soul NEEDED it. I think it's all to prepare for the hardest final of our quarter on Monday in Cardiovascular. Non-stop studying from after class today until Monday AKA D-Day, revisited.
But, I went to a great little place on 65th and 12th called Pies and Pints on Wednesday night with some friends. I'm convinced Tiffany enjoys it because it reminds her of Alaska...bluegrass, beer, meat and veggie pies...and I think I've actually heard the bluegrass band that was playing before. Slimpickins' were their name. Sound familiar to anyone?
Last night, my friend Kate accompanied me to the centerpiece gala at the Seattle Gay & Lesbian Film Festival. It's so cool to be in such a liberal, progressive city. The piece was called Save Me, and it was pretty good. Compared to match the level of drama of Brokeback by critics; I wouldn't go THAT far, but the lead actor was there to promote the film, which is always sort of cool. Then, we went for cocktails on Capitol Hill and chatted...which leads me up to now. Me, choosing my bed over my often pitiful AIDS elective (disappointing, really)...a choice well-made. I am going to my afternoon classes. Don't worry, mom--I'm not planning on making this a habit.
10.24.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You'd better not make it a habit!
Post a Comment