9.02.2005

Weather Update: this morning was the chilliest thus far. It 41 degrees when I walked outside at 9-ish, and felt like 36 according to weather.com. Early September, people! Throw me a bone.

I talked to my mom this morning for an actual extended amount of time. She says things are fine. They have a generator and an A/C unit, which must be heavenly compared to those in situations without...uh, anything...(such craziness). It's so distressing not knowing what it's like down there when all I have is the NY Times to go off of. I can only imagine the kind of chaos that is permeating the Coastal regions.

I got an e-mail from Caitlin--she's fine...it may be A MONTH before she's allowed to go home. I offered her a place to stay in Anchorage. ;) Although, earthquakes are the biggie up here. We had one (that I didn't really feel) that was like 4-something on the Richter. I felt the shake, but didn't think of it as a friggin' earthquake. Ha. I'm going to get hit in the head by ceiling tiles one day because I'll be like, "What's going on," instead of jumping under a table or getting in a doorway.

Anyway, this weekend is going to great! I'm super excited because it's Labor Day weekend, and unlike my family and others that will be really laboring on the holiday in yards and around the house, I'll be off from work. Three-day weekends are heavenly once you get into the 9-5 theme of life. On that note, I really don't like routine. I like variety and spontaneity. It's almost too routine already, even though I am doing a service thing and not a "job."

But the plans for the weekend: 1. Headed over the FJVs house for cocktails tonight, I think, and just "hanging out." Went out last night to a few bars...had great microbrews: Alaskan Amber, Humpy's Sockeye Red, and Naughty Blonde... 2. Saturday: STATE Fair. They are supposed to have giant vegetables! 50-pound cabbages and such! I scored six free tickets for my house...they should really love me the most...I score all types of shit. 3. Sunday evening: I was invited by the office to attend Coronation, a gay community celebration in Anchorage. It's a formal event, but I've been told repeatedly that I can wear whatever. They bought me the 40 dollar ticket so I feel I have to go, even though I have nothing to wear. Who would've thought I could have used a tux in Anchorage doing JVC? So, it's little sketch, but I think I'm going to wear my white pants with my 80s powder blue French tuxedo shirt that I got at the thrift store in Fairhope for fun (I knew I packed that for a reason), and a sequiny bow tie that we have at the house (that are New Year's-ey)! It's going to be pimp! I want to take pictures!

Well, I have about 1.5 hours before my weekend of fun starts. Oh, and Jeff Ferry--do you have a blog? What's your e-mail address? You randomly comment, but I don't have a way to comment back, and think it's random to comment on my own blog just to leave you a message! How's your family??? Everything good!? I like that you comment on my blog (feel special)...thanks for all the wonderful weather advice! You're a good guy...I miss ya, bud! You and your potatoes that had sour cream, cheese, and other heart-clogging entities on it! I will not forget your eating habits anytime soon...you can pack that shit away! HAHA...

Oh well...I bid thee all a good weekend; keep those in crazy times in your prayers. I'm sending them from the AK.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss my Godson, in the worst kind of way!!