9.15.2005

So, how frickin' awesome is this pic! You really can't see my housies, but look at the background! That's where I went FISHING! The order: Matt, James, Mary, Katie, Me, and Clare!!! I swear I have a roll ready to get developed. If we didn't have to rely on public transportation you would have seen who we all are by now!

Okay. I'm okay. Just good memories in the making. I wish you all could see the sights that are! They're unbelievable! We saw two bear cubs that morning, had a great time fishing in our waders, and then saw the frickin' Northern Lights that night! It was so unbelievable. I won't forget the weekend, that's for sure. Good bonding among my housies and me...and Cooke, my boss, and her girlfriend took us, which was so awesome! They're great.

So...work is going well. I can't believe it's just flying by. I've been here about a month now. Well, exactly a month at work now! Phew. It's going well. I'm getting settled and starting to know what I'm supposed to be doing. :) HAHA. You should see my office. It was so barren, so I asked for some wall art from the co-workers. Well, beggars can't be choosers, eh? So, I have two HIV/AIDS posters, a life-size cut-out of Paris Hilton (yeah, random), and even more random is this model in 2Xist white briefs...black and white picture on posterboard medium...rather large. So, yeah, it's all in the office. I'm hoping to accrue lots of random things throughout the year so that the next JV has a homey feel! I want to get some Christmas lights and hang them. The flourescent lighting is really starting to irk me. The lighting isn't bad, but it's that damn buzz. ERG! I have a green light lamp that just doesn't cut it, but would provide for an interesting atmosphere! I think I may have to breakdown and get a cheap lamp at Value Village or something.

In other news, we had this couple year old can of musk-ox chunked in gravy in our pantry at home. Yes. That's right. Musk-ox CHUNKED in gravy. Well, in the spirit of competitive foosball, if a team was shutout, they had to eat it! Well, it happened. Katie and Clare were shutout the other night to James and Mary, and they had to eat it. Interestingly enough, we documented the process (pictures to come later, I'm sure), but us other four were curious, so we ate it. And James, starting shoveling that stuff into his mouth, drinking the juice and everything. It was sick! It was very salty and gamey and NASTY, but for some reason, he felt compelled to eat it all. I took a huge bite, and I had the taste in my mouth for quite a while. Bleck. Now, we need to think of another shut-out rule. Any ideas? Karaoking in public was one...nothing will beat the Musk-ox, though.

We have our first JV party tomorrow night at 8PM. 2605 Aspen Drive. Come. I would love to see you. That may be a bit hard, though. :) I miss you guys--all my Springhillians and my VA friends and other randoms that read my blog. You guys rock! For all those graduating...JVC: Northwest. It's where it's at bitches! And...I hear that the Bethel house (where Kate Knudson is) is having major issues, so I'm going to get to the bottom of that. Believe you me. I'll keep you updated.

If you have any posters that are mail-able, send! Haha. The funny thing it's like a free for all, so Lord only knows what kinds of shizzy will be hanging in here come later.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. xxx.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I were the Clare in this picture...missing you!!

Caitlin said...

I'm home!!!! love you!!!