Well, here's one of the pictures from my first roll up here in moose country. To see them all (because you didn't get my mass e-mail), click here.
All right. Well, it's almost the weekend. Things are getting chilly. Originally, there was a prediction for snow tomorrow. I don't think it'll happen, but if it does, that'll be SWEET! I'm so excited about snow activities like snoeshowing and cross-country skiing...good times lie ahead regardless of the fact that the darkness is starting to pervade life.
Work has been good. This week has flown by. We have our area director coming next week! Then we have our first retreat coming up, which is going to be interesting!
I'm trying to think if I have any eventful news. I guess I've had some depressing news. I've sort of had to write out the will and help with the end stages of life for one of my clients. He's not doing so well, and as I've told a couple of you he's mentally unstable, gay, HIV+, a drinker, smoker, crack smoker, was sexually and physically abused, an Alaskan Native...yeah, he's definitely been dealt some cards, which are shitty. His health has deteriorated severely since I've gotten here. He's a regular...he always stops by to say hey and to get some oatmeal, but now he's facing death alone. I've had to stop by at this NASTY flea bag hotel he's staying at to drop him off some food and I had to take him to the hospital because he was in such pain. Yeah, so that's sort of sucky.
It's one of my housemate's birthday today. We might be going to see a movie. We might be bowling. He doesn't really care. I think it'll be fun, whatever we do. I'm really tired, but I welcome a night out of the house and out of work! I don't think I have too many other plans. We had symphony tickets dependent on them not being used by clients, but all 22 of them were taken, so no symphony. I'd definitely like to get out some this weekend before it turns really miserable. The opportunities to go outside without bundling are dwindling. I have been wearing sweaters and my wool jackets to work. It's definitely not Mobile weather! ;)
Anyway, with the weekend comes the most opportunity to catch up, so call me! Or I'll call you! Peace be with you.
xxx
2 comments:
These ad replies on everyone's blogs are really starting to annoy me! ANyway,I'm sorry about your client; that must be hard to deal with. His contact with you probably makes him feel a bit less alone, though, and at least he'll be at peace--something which it sounds like he hasn't had much of in his life. I'll talk to you this weekend. Rabbit Rabbit!
I just caught up on the past 2 weeks of your life in about 5mins of reading. Pretty interesting stuff. I bet its awesome up there. Stay strong and keep the blog updated.-Brian
Post a Comment