9.26.2005


Picture of the week: one of my many fun-tities on the office wall!

Urg. Monday mornings. Reminds me of the Carpenters song, "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down." It's not rainy, but then I wouldn't know for sure because I have no windows! I'm Milton from Office Space, dammit! AGH! No, it's not that bad, but I just didn't get as much sleep as I would've like to this past weekend, so now I'm tempted to use scotch tape to keep my eyelids from shutting...and staying shut. I might have to resort to the yucky coffee. Miss me some Carpe, even though I've been drinking tea (Chai, mainly) like every night. Warms up the bones.

So this past weekend, we had our first weirdness, I guess. Some of the housies were in some weird "get away from me" moods, which surprisingly, wasn't me. Friday night, three of us were invited to a party, and the other three weren't. Now, this isn't normally a big deal in life, but when you are dealing with JVs, it should be known that where more than one is invited, all have to be invited. Just a note, in case it ever becomes an issue. :) Anyway, the three that weren't invited, me included, went to a nice little coffee shop and book store. I spent $3.00 on a very fun Heaven Latte and then spent a whopping $16.00 on Flannery O'Connor's complete short stories, which I'm looking forward to reading! Well, turns out the other three got the date mixed-up and stayed at the house. We got back and I guess the moods came out, while we were away. Two wanted to go out, so I was like, "Okay," I'll go. And the others didn't want to, which is cool, but the weird moods, put the other two in a weird mood, which made it sort of a buzzkill for a while. And I was DD, so it was cool, but by 3 o'clock, not drinking, and having very little fun except with my housemates since no one was out at the bars, but they were drunk, made it um...tiring?

Yeah. Moving on...Saturday...thrift stores and Costco and picking up my co-worker from work at 1 AM. Sunday...Mass and Frisbee golf. I must say the frolf is quite enjoyable. This was my second experience, and I must saying I'm getting better already! I wasn't bad the first time, surprisingly, but this past time I should par/bogey on every hole but one I think...which is hella good, or at least I think it is.

And that brings us to present time where I am obviously not bombarded with shit to do, or else I wouldn't be able to blog for the past fifteen minutes, or whatever.

One of my housemates is out of town at a conference until Wednesday night, and his birthday is Friday, so that'll be fun. Maybe come up with a surprise or something! I dunno. And I think we're going to meet downtown for dinner tomorrow night. They have a place called, "The Woodshed," which is this sort of dive that has $5 meals...you get a burger and an Alaskan Amber for five bucks...which is pretty cool, and cheap, and gets us out of the house...BREAK THE MONOTONY, M EFFERS!

Foosball is still providing quite a source of amusement and fun, which is great.

I think that's all the news from AK. OH! Wait. We got termination dust Saturday night. Basically, the mountains close by got snowed on! Apparently, when that happens the snow is basically inevitable. It makes its way further down the mountain ranges and then hits the city! It's really pretty and scenic. We have snow-capped mountains and the autumn colors are beautiful. There are pines that have their great dark rich pine color and then tons of yellow/orange leaves that are interspersed...very, very nice.

Missing all of my family and friends. Please think about a visit. Anyone is welcome. I'd love to share this beautiful area with everybody! I might not be going home at all this year, which may be hard so think about it, if you can afford it! You have a place to stay! And it'll be cheap once you're here! In trying to balance simple living with necessity, it'll cost 700 bucks to go home, which is almost the entire year's stipend, so obviously I wouldn't be paying, which just seems wrong when we're already budgeting for Juneau's Folk Fest, and I want to pay for the MCAT myself [damn MCAT...next April, I'll do that, in case you wanted the med. school update]. And basically, it's just sort of you come to realize you don't like the whole dependence on the parents, especially when they might be paying the cell phone bill, which I didn't want...but it's really hard to cut it off without losing everything...another story...boring, though...

Lalala...there was a moose on the way to Mass. He was on the side of the highway waiting to cross. He was just idly staring at the passing cars. Ah, the simple natural joys on the Last Frontier. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, I would love some snow. It was over 95 degress today. Ms. Bush was sooo hot; she was sweating. We were in the lab...no AC...the microscopes were generating tons of heat...we were on the second floor...and every 10 seconds someone was saying "Ms. Bush I need you"!!! AHHHH!!!! I had to take soooo many deep breaths!!! Tonight some of us went to a "quarter dip". It was a fund raiser for Ryan's school. It is like a pot-luck and you pay a quarter for everything you get...it was fun and yummy!!!!
Missing you gobs and hoping to talk to you this weekend.
Love,
Clare