8.29.2005

Bonjour! It's another Monday! I'm filling in at the front desk, a daily thing during Jon's lunch break, which is nice because I can just check my e-mail and blog!

Today, thus far, has been OK, even though I'm worried for the LA, MS, AL people like Cait, Clare's parents, and of course, my own family. I spoke with my parents and things were a little bad, but not HORRIBLE. Strong winds, of course. An oak tree was somehow uprooted and knocked out a van window and part of the roof (I think) hit the front-end as well. Part of the roofs on the garage and the house are somewhere not attached to the roof anymore, and the neighbor's rabbit-house roof flew over and hit our garage/house and the fencing took another beating. However, I think that pales in comparison to Clare's house, and possibly Caitlin's. So, if their cell phone towers ever make it on (as I've tried to call), hopefully, I'll get an update.

Meanwhile, this past weekend was fun. I think I'm having more invites to stuff and having more free "stuff" up here than back at school. On Friday, we hit up twoparties. One at a house down the road for his birthday and an FJV's birthday. I had two Russian vodka shots (which were from Russia, as it's so close and accessible, I guess). One was a honeyed/cayenne pepper vodka, which was surprisingly OK. The other vodka was "regular" but quite nice and smooth! There was a keg, but it was IPA (really really hoppy AKA gross), but that's what they drink up here, but I refrained (yeah, crazy, I know). So, we went to this other party where one of my housemate's co-workers had a birthday party as well. It was a very frat boy party. It was fun, though. A keg (more IPA--yuck...I got a cup of it, but only drank a third) was there, and a bar, and beer bong (Katie, a housemate, hit that up!), and foosball (starting to get addicted), and all that good jazz. Everyone was sort of rowdy there. Katie and James were drunk. James was REALLY drunk. I was sober, which was very fun, so I could completely laugh and chuckle at my housemates and the people there. So, that was that night. Then Saturday, we went downtown, got some espresso milkshakes with our JV account fund (they are SOOOO good), and sat in this park/noel area where we held a house business meeting. Nothing much to report. Still no fights--all pretty chill. Apparently, the FJVs are waiting for a fight (I am too), but I am hopeful that it won't come to any of that! Saturday night, we went to a couple of bars. I had some Alaskan Amber and a tequila shot. Very fun. We were still celebrating the birthdays. My house was ready to go, but I wasn't and another guy wasn't, and all the FJVs weren't. So, we compromised and we got one more drink (a strong Long Island), then left. I would say I was relatively intoxicated, but not wasted. Good times. Finally, yesterday, we went to Mass at 9 AM, 30 minutes away, which wasn't that good, actually. So, I got back to the house, at a pancake, then took a nap. I then watched, "Interview with a Vampire," and played foosball, then went with the housemates to a dinner gathering. It was good food! Good beer, good company, and good, home-made food! I was a fan. Didn't get back until 9-ish, where I was pooped from staying out late, and not getting enough sleep. The house started to watch "Cool-hand Luke," and I started to sleep. So, I read a chapter of Watership Down, and zonked at 10:30-ish.

That was wonderful weekend. Next weekend: State fair (woo-hoo), and weekend after is the annual JV camping/fishing trip to the Kenai, and then the weekend after that is our first party at the JV house--possibly a toga party! Hollah! I wish all my Spring Hill friends could make it up to this great time and place because I miss ya'll!!!

Let me know how you're faring with the storm (if you're doing there) and what else is new. I LOVE MAIL!

Lala...foosball is life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you and couldn't be more proud!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time. Wish I was there. Foosball is awesome.

Caitlin said...

I'm alive. the last letter I wrote you was sitting on the kitchen counter when I let, so it may have floated away; who knows? Love you.