8.19.2005

Hey ya'll! I haven't been very good about blogging regularly. But, I guess that's how it is once you don't have a couple hours worth of classes here and there. ;) Everything is hunky-dorey up here in Arctic Land. I guess that's premature; it's not quite arctic-ey yet, but I have a feeling it'll be chilly in no time.

I'm doing the front desk today. The receptionist, Jon, went to an HIV/AIDS conference in L.A., so I'm up here answering the phones, and saying hi to the clients! It's not too bad...better than being cooped up in my office with the florescent lighting and the constant buzz.

Today will mark the end of the first full week at 4A's. It's going well. Lunch will be at 12 for the clients, which means free for me! Hollah! And then this afternoon, I have to run stuff over to Bro. Francis Shelter, which means my first solo driving experience! Craziness! I don't know how I'm going to make it on my own driving...I don't know where the HELL anything is.

This weekend is going to be fun, I think. Tonight we're going to do the barhopping experience. We're going as a community, minus James because he has the MCAT tomorrow (ugh!), to a drag show then to local microbrews. Then taking a taxi home because the stupid busses don't run past like 10 or something. Then, we have a BBQ Saturday night and a whole bunch of other random things, hopefully. We might do this Amnesty Intertional Letter Writing thing. It's funny, but apparently all the organizations and groups hit up the JVs to volunteer, which makes sense, but at a point, you have to be like, I'm already volunteering enough and can't do anymore.

Well, I hope everyone is doing well. Nothing new in my neighborhood, really. I always welcome phone calls and mail! I talked to Kate Knudson, and Bethel is going well except she's working for an evil corporation and the prices of everything are pricey...like 8 bucks (on sale) for a half gallon of ice cream. Not cool. Let me know how ya'll are faring in your respective parts of the country! Ciao!

xxx.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Kate's working for an evil corporation? How did that happen? As for the ice cream, all dairy is expensive when it's too cold for cows!!! I'm glad you're doing well--hopefully, we'll get to talk today.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Next time, you need to be the one going to the conference in LA. Mamma Lou was all excited about some mail she got!!! Don't freeze.

I love you,
Clare

Anonymous said...

Hey Danny glad to hear you're having fun up there and that you're not freezing yet. Hope that evil corporation isn't brainwashing Kate or something. Later Danny.