1.31.2005

I really think the power of prayer is amazing. I know I haven't gotten too religious on this blasted web log thing-a-mah-jigger, but wow.

It's comforting to know that God is always listening and there for you, even if you neglectedly give him two seconds of a day you consider crazy and busy, when in the end, none of it will matter in the least little bit.

I have been praying a lot more lately; I suppose I've had more to pray about. I don't think it was a concerted New Year's Resolution, but unfortunately praying for me can be sort of an ebb-and-flow thing. Some days, I find lots of solace and a strong desire to invest time with the Lord through prayer. Other times, it's so lacking (as in it doesn't happen), I don't know how God forgives and accepts me.

It does help a lot that morning Mass puts me in a right frame-of-mind for the day...or at least the morning! I'm not saying that prayer and perfection are somehow interrelated. Heck no! I wish I were so lucky.

God is good...all the time. That used to be the thing back in my crazy crazy church! Oh, how I thank God I'm on a better track in that regard. But, seriously, knowing that God is there waiting for you to give Him your time, and that He loves it, is ridiculously awesome. I am a little reticent (I think I used that word correctly) about giving this message because I'm not a fan of hypocrisy, but chances are you already know all of this, and a reminder is never a bad thing. And I'm definitely using this as a reminder for myself.

As selfish as I find my prayer sometimes, I really believe that if that's what's in your heart and on your mind, that's what needs prayer. Yes, I pray for world peace and all that "wish it could happen" jazz, but pray for your well-being. Pray that you're not DFA. Pray for that A on your test. Pray that you stop being an asshole. Pray that others know you and love you. Pray that you know and love them. Pray for those that you think are struggling with themselves in some way. Pray for your family. Pray that Dubya runs our country with leadership and intelligence. Pray for yourself to not be a lazy ass. Pray for a more concerted, natural life of simplicity. Pray for a life of being poor in spirit. Pray for the continued mercy and love of the Lord because He is good...all the time.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I prayed for the core four last night!

xoxox