2.01.2005

current playlist: "it's about time" by jamie cullum

My room looks like a train wreck. I mean, honestly, Dan, can't you pick up your mess? I don't know what's happened to me! Honestly. I am usually pretty anal about a clean, tidy room. I guess I'm making up not being a slob now. I am flanked with Styrofoam to-go cups, dirty clothes, and the looming pressure to actually think about cleaning it.

So, how do YOU like your name? If you think about it, it's sort of weird that you respond to this appellation your parents, presumably, gave you. It's second nature to respond to it (duh!), but imagine if your name were different. Okay, this blog just got really stupid, really fast. I am considering going by Daniel after I leave the Hill. Danny's pretty childish. Everyone calls me Dan anyway, but I just wouldn't want to be uncomfortable going by Daniel. Eh...if ya'll remember and want to try something new, call me Daniel. It's hard. I can't call people by other names, but you're probably better than I am.

All right, I'm sorry I just wasted a couple minutes of your life by reading this. I appreciate you doing so though. I feel loved. :) Catch you on the flip side. And now, I clean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Macro,
I just caught up on all of your recent postings and I have to say that I found it sort of weird to read some of that stuff. I have come to realize the gap between us, that gap which continues to grow and I feel completely lost reading about your life and more importantly, not understanding it. Spending the night with you reminded me of old times, but in some instances is was like sleeping next to a stranger. I can't say I want our relationship to go back to the way it was because life is built upon changes. They can be for better or worse, but God has his reasons "which reason can't understand," but I can say I miss it and I miss knowing you. Perhaps I still know you in some ways more than others, but overall, not so much. Dare to take a chance, I liked that theme you wrote about. In the end, as long as you know that I'll always love you than I can't complain.
~xoxo~ GGH