current playlist: it must have been love inspired by n. schmidt's away message
I love how I ebb and flow with this stupid blog. I'll blog and blog for like three days, then it's weeks without nothing. Oh well, I guess that's how the cookie crumbles.
So, it's Lent.
I've made several resolves in what I consider my first Lent where it actually means something to me.
I don't need to share them, however. Not that they're horrible, but I'd hate for people to be keeping tabs on me (j/k). I have me for that, anyway--and God.
So, I've been a little stressed, lately. Aside from the normal hustle and bustle, I just feel so overwhelmed. And then, I had an epiphany: just be true to yourself. Never, ever not be who you are. The second you stop, you might as well just throw in the towel. You do have to follow your bliss; don't sweat the small stuff.
I don't know exactly where that came from. It doesn't exactly flow from me being stressed, but it does go with the whole Lenten thing, I think. Lent is all about how to make yourself better--go with changes that bring you closer to God. Well, to change the inner you, to deny yourself who you really are, to mask your true identity whether it's for the benefit of others, to hide something, or to just put on a better face is ludicrous. Yes, do things for the greater glory of God. AMDG, babe! However, the soul, the essence, the vivacity that resides deep inside of you needs never to be changed and altered. Follow your bliss. Share your bliss. Be your bliss. Dwell in your bliss. Immerse yourself in the bliss that you have to offer. Don't live off of others' bliss; you have plenty of bliss; be blissful!
Follow your bliss. Period.
I realize this blog hasn't been very undulating and cohesive. For that, I apologize.
2.12.2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment