1.09.2005

current playlist: "we might as well be strangers" by keane

d.f.a

d.f.a.

d.f.a.

it's the new s.t.o. what the hell are you talking about? good question. for those that aren't clued in d.f.a. (dfa) is an acronym for "desperate for affection." yes, my friends, i'm dfa. and unfortunately, i'm not alone. it seems there is a good many of us that share this horrible affliction.

s.t.o. (sto), in case you're not in the know, is "stating the obvious." a new year calls for a new acronym. sto's are out; dfa's are in.

went for a drink last night. it was fun. half-priced martinis--still too much, yes. but i wanted to christen the legal i.d. at the only place in mobile that has rejected me...many times. great socializing. some older (old) drunk lady danced with greg, then me. she was crazy. well, she was drunk. it was amusing.

then, something happened. without getting into details (they're private), i was reminded of a time in my life, recently, when for a moment, i wasn't quite as dfa, and that made me full-fledged dfa. so, after unloading briefly with caitlin after returning who was in the middle of a trivial pursuit game, which i feel badly for interrupting, i proceeded to mosey, alone, over to clare's and stayed there for 3 hours while she, greg, and i listened to what may be the most depressing music ever. i simply played songs on her hard drive in no order--just dragged them all and hit play. from 10:50 to 1:50, i lay miserable and loathing in my pathetic-ness, as clare and greg lay as well, in each other's arms, patting me sporadically. i guess i prefer solitary dfa as opposed to finding my best friends to try to full the dfa. :)

alas, dfa. i hope you don't have the affliction. if you do, i feel you. i love you. now...will you love me?

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

I love you!!!! And as you know, I'm in the dfa club, too! At least you're not the only one :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm in too!!! Don't feel too alone!!!! At least you had some action recently!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey doll, I'm definitely d.f.a.!!! Not that I want a relationship right now, I actually don't, I want to get my life in order first... but yea, definitely d.f.a. I love you, I hope your last semester is going well. If you need anything, even if it's just to talk, remember I'm always here for you.
~Zuzu