9.27.2004

current playlist: jem's "they"

Yeah, I'm procrastinating, LIKE a moe! First off, this song I'm listening to is really good. Katie Bilbrey has been looking up her indie music in here and some of it is damn good.

So, sometimes, you just have to take things day by day. I think most everyone has a busy week this week, myself included. Aside from the tests, which I should be studying for, there's just a lot of crap to do. The best thing to do in those situations is to do something you don't need or had planned on doing, like blogging, or playing piano, or picking your nose.

People tell me, "Dan, you're too involved. I don't know how you have time for all of it." To them, I say, "I have no idea." To all my Virginia friends, whom haven't spoken to in eons, you would probably be impressed by my "Go get 'em attitude." Little Dan has taken on some extensive leadership roles including President of Circle K (a service org), Senior Class Senator, Seminar Leader, Students for Justice, President of Alpha Sigma Nu (our Jesuit honor society)--which I need to call a meeting for so Fr. Williams doesn't kill me, and the upcoming final season (for me) of Christmas on the Hill. Now, all of this was sort of brought to my attention during my medical school applications when doing my activities and such. Medical school might actually be easier to juggle than my undergrad. experience. I mean, I won't be doing anything but medical school, not even partying. By the way, (on the partying note), there's a new Mountain Dew called Pitch Black, when mixed with Raspberry Vodka, is quite tasty--and will get you quite lit, as I found out last Friday night.

OH! So, I didn't tell ya'll about our progressive dinner. We had one last Saturday night. It was awesome! So good. Clare, April, Greg, Katie, Pakron, and I all participated. For appetizers, we had spinach/artichoke casserole with homemade pita bread. For the entree, salmon fillets w/a dill sauce, anchovy pasta, and green beans. For dessert, kahlua chocolate pound cake with fresh strawberries, whip cream, and chocolate shavings. MMM...it was awesome! We're definitely making it a montly thing.

Well, Ted from Kiwanis just called, and interrupted my flow. But that's good, cuz I definitely need to stop writing.

Look for upcoming, lighthearted, random posts--I've gotten away from them and I don't know why. I've had comments to make it not so depressing, so I am!

Ciao.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea for a dinner! I'll have to remember that for next year!

Anonymous said...

JEM ROCKS my WORLD!!!!