Current playlist: "Love's divine" by seal. man, that song is so good.
Wow. It's been a long time since I've written in this moe.
I am here to preach: No matter what shit happens in your life, you are more blessed than you will ever know! Great words, huh? Can you just imagine a priest or pastor giving his sermon and saying that! I'm not gonna lie...things have been pretty shitty lately, but things are looking up.
When you least expect it, something happens and you just feel a sense of peace and excitement for life even when your friends bicker, you don't get a good MCAT score, you're hundreds of miles away from your best friend who you love and miss more than anyone, and you have so much shit on your plate you can't even see the effin' plate!
Now, partly so I can remember, I had, what I thought, was the best quote ever of my life in my drunken stupor at the Bicycle Shop, which by far one of the coolest places in Mobile. Free pool, fun jukebox, good company, great beer i.e. BLUE MOON (not ribbon: stupid PBR), Hoegardden, Purple Haze...mmm...but not Cierra Nevada (sp?)--that is GROSS...mmm...beer though...mmm....
But back to the quote: "Life's too short to f-----' care." I think that's right. I just asked Clare; she couldn't remember even though she wasn't drinking AND I said it about 20 million times. But there is still truth in the statement. You gotta brush that dirt off your shoulders, dawg! I don't know if you have a lot going on or if you're just like, "whoa, how did I get here," but let go. Enjoy yourself. Take time for yourself. Do what you want to do. If you don't, you are doing yourself the biggest disservice possible. In the end, happiness will result.
On a personal note & prayer: Please God, help two people (you know who they are) grow in their new relationships and yet still remain connected to each other and bonded as they always have been and will be.
10.30.2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Danny Boy, good blog...bicycle shop was the BOMB!!
Hey love! That is a great quote. I'll try to live by those words! How is life on the Hill? You sound stressed, I hope you're finding enough time for nights like the Bicycle Shop sounded like. Hm, that sentence sounded horrible, but I don't feel like correcting it. :) I love you honey, and I can't wait to see you! Don't forget, save some time the weekend of the 12th for me!
~1/3 of the Triangle of Love (he he, which third?)
Dan the man....FINALLY!!!! Anyways, I like that because I'm feeling close to a lot of what you wrote about and how to handle things. I miss you oobers and I can't wait to see you.
~xoxo~ Another 3rd of the triangle
Post a Comment