7.26.2005

One full day left. I totally need to pack. What the h*$# is wrong with me? I'll tell you what. Too much to do, so little time. I still have to get a haircut, get my Rx, hang out with Clare & co, hang out with Dad, go to Wal-mart, do the iPods, mail Greg's iPod, and of course, pack my life into suitcases. Oh, fun times.

So...you wanna hear something funny: Spencer is a model for Shoe Station! Haha. I cut it out. I don't know if anyone will see it, but it's hilarious. He looks like 14 year-old. So cute sporting the Jansport Mesh Packs. Haha...supermodel!

This past weekend was grand. Went to New Orleans and stayed up all night and then visited Caitlin and stayed up all night. Got one hour sleep in 50 hours, but it was so much fun. I had a blast. I had to work tonight--last night. Then went to Nick's for great grilled steak, grilled asparagus, zucchini, and squash--definitely ate a lot, but it was so good. Last "home-cooked" meal in the South. :) Going out to lunch and dinner tomorrow, so that's it!

I have a fear that I'll forget to do quite a bit before I leave...like cancel Netflix. Must do little things like that. I've pretty much seen everyone I need and want to see. So many people came into Outback tonight: a guy from my high school, Maureen and Heather Backes, Drew Cooke and co. from Spring Hill...very fun, very fun.

Anyway, thanks to Katie, I have a journal that I started writing in on Monday. I think it'll be great if I keep it up; I'd love to. Memoirs of a JV: the Daniel Norfleet story. Haha--maybe I can get that published, Cait!

I'm planning on sending out a mass e-mail tomorrow with my info. I'm scared that I'll have a heart attack because it'll set in that I'm shipping off to unknown territory filled with snow, weird lighting, and moose that will roam my yard.

It's hard to know what to pack...I'm going to overpack, probably. Oh well.

Much love to all my friends and family, even those that don't read this. I thank God for all the many blessings I've had and those to come. I don't know how often I'll be blogging once I leave, even though I know I'll have computer access. I'd like to think I will, but I'd like even more if people choose to write me, instead. Mail is good!

God bless, my loves.

xxx,
dan

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

I can't believe you're almost on your way! Give Clare a big hug for me, and Katie and Kate, too, and have fun in the PNW. Try not to freak out too much--this is gonna be great, and it's only a year :-) Thanks for the visit.

Love you, Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Dan i'm sure you'll be fine once you get settled in up there and get these last minute worries out of the way. Have fun up there in Alaska and do whatever it takes so that you dont freeze your ass off.