7.22.2005

Less than a week before I ship out. Thursday, July 28th, is THE day. Wow. I can't believe summer is almost over. Students readying themselves for fall semester, alumni readying themselves for the same, and other things i.e. JVC. :) Insanity.

So, my latest crisis is my computer. Greg gave me his iPod to update. And wouldn't you know it, it decides to crash--my computer, not his iPod. It's totally not cool. I took it in after spending 6 hours working with it. They couldn't do anything. To recover my files was a minimum of $125. So I was like, "Are you kidding?" That's after a $40 diagnostic fee. Pah. So, I took my computer back and did it myself. I have spent the majority of the day fixing my computer. Fortunately, it's working well; however, iTunes for the iPod isn't. I swear it's a conspiracy. God's making me hate all technology so that I'll be prepared without it in Alaska. And, my damn cell phone is bunked up. It keeps going out on me. Whatever. I'm over gadgets. All I need is my sweet self and my North Face parka. :) I can't wait to take pictures of me in the freezing ass cold all bundled up. And yes, I'm still worried about freezing. It's inevitable.

I'm off to New Orleans this weekend. I'm super excited. My last little hurrah before the Northwest journey. I'm going to stop in Biloxi to visit Clare's parents--random, but fun. I'll eat dinner there. Then I'm going to have fun downtown with Bro. Weber, then off to Caitlin's! I can't wait to see the girl--it's been since graduation. The only good thing about cell phones: I can talk to all of my homies a lot! Then, Sunday night it's off to the Ray Lamontagne and Rachael Yamagata concert with Katie, Andy, Sean, and Kate! Then back to Biloxi, hopefully, to see Clare Bear. Exciting times. Then I have to seriously think about packing. I need to make a list. Caitlin told me how to, so all I need to do is now do it. ;)

For those who haven't talked to Greg, I talked to him last night. He called from Scranton, PA, where he's doing Orientation. He's having a great time and really likes his new housemates. I'm really pumped for him--I think that this is going to be an amazing experience. If not, then it'll really blow to be stuck on an island. Apparently, everyone comes back with worms. How yummy!

I'm going to devote more time to iTunes. While I'm computer savvy, I really don't like doing all this shizzy. It's boring and it's annoying.

I'll be sending my AK info. out to all my posse soon! I can't wait! AGHHH!!!!

Have a great day, people.
xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I hope you are feeling better.
How do I start a blog? When can I see you before you leave?
Call me.
Miss and love you,
Clare

Caitlin said...

OOh, Clare, I can tell you how to start a blog--it's easy! Go to www.blogger.com and sign up. For more complete instructions, call/e-mail me. You totally need a blog to keep us up to date on LA happenings!