
I haven't done much of a REAL blog, as of late. Man, oh, man. I realized yesterday/today that it's getting down near the end of this whole JVC thing. I basically have like three more months of the program left, and then...the real world for a year before school (or, at least, that's the plan...).
I think everyone's been really stressed lately for some reason. Like, housemates, co-workers, and it's getting me all uppity! We all just need to take a deep breath, because one thing I re-discovered is that we have it good. Real good.
I went last Friday to this pretty neat playhouse called Out North to see the Oscar-nomiated short film documentaries, which were just incredible. They all had war as the underlying theme, but examined human suffering, genocide, Hiroshima, and V-day, specifically. All of them had hauntingly real portrayals of snippets in history. The whole Rwandaan genocide one was really heavy for a Friday night, but got me thinking, "Holy fuck. I CANNOT believe people (women) have to deal with this kind of stuff." Your current events lesson: there's a woman (first ever to be tried) that was more or less in charge of the tactics used to killed the Tutsis in Rwandaa, using strategic methods of rape and killing on this sect of people. Long story short, women were infected with HIV or just brutally gang raped while the men in their lives (husbands and sons) were massacred in front them, oftentimes. And the survivors (God bless them), managed to keep going and are re-building their lives and the Rwandaan government. Perservance. Damn. Those are heroes. Amazing.
And, went on a hike, as you see above, to Bird Ridge. First of the season. Need to get some hiking boots, because the ones in the house aren't going to cut it, and my NewBies aren't going to cut it, either. Haha...maybe I can wear my Prada boots a friend gave me (the things you get as a JV).
So, yeah. It's a chilly 45 today. Not a lot of sun. I'm waiting for green and "warm" weather any day now. Ho hum. :)
Oh, BUT--I am really excited because it looks like I'm going to commit myself to train to be a coxswain for Anchorage Rowing Club, which is really cool. I'll be that little doode that screams and yells and tells them to get their asses rowing, dammit! I opted to not play softball (for a rec. league): 1. it costs 50 bucks and 2. i refuse to over extend. Even though, I feel like Keiko and April would be proud if I would have! :)
I've been doing data entry today. Gag gag. I won't be sad to be leaving that. Ya heard? Went with my friend Brian to see this really "interesting" film called Tristam Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story--I don't know about the cock, but it was sort of bull...haha...it wasn't that bad...good concept, just not terribly captivating. Brian sort of nodded off, as well, if that gives you any hints on its intrigue. I'm hoping that my follow-up film tonight--TransAmerica--is going to be better. I've heard it's good, so yeah.
In other news, I'm trying to be healthier. I've been eating a lot of damn chocolate (from Easter)--copious amounts for me--and a LOT of carbs (not that there's anything wrong with carbs...), so I'm cutting down on those and in conjunction, running running running. My poor little body is desperate for physical attention. So, we'll see how long this lasts. Since the sun is going down so late now, it's no biggie to do a little runny run late at night, which is SWEET!
3 comments:
Dan...eating chocolate...and running...three of my favorite things!!!
I could use some of that running myself.
I was Mr. Smith goes to Washington and Abe Lincoln!!!
Post a Comment