3.04.2005

Yeah. It's the weekend! My one class let out right after our quiz. Ah, so nice, so nice.

I went to this amazing piano recital last night. Bob Holm played four sonatas by Beethoven. It made me a little sad. I played the first one (the third movement, at least...the Scherzo), WAY back in the day...like in 9th or 8th grade. It made me sad that I just quit. Quitting sucks. Even when you think that it's what you want, there's always a little bit of regret in it. I guess that's why I do so many things on campus because it always seems like there's a great focus in whatever I'm involved with, even if it's not always rosy all the time.

But, it's so awesome to see people that are empassioned by something. I think people that are passionate about art and music and theatre and things are so charismatic, even if they don't mean to be. Just watching Bob Holm play was so powerful. Of course, the music was amazing, and a great way to spend the evening since RCIA was cancelled, but the intangible energy that just exudes from someone when they are engrossed in something, whether it's them reading a book, or playing a sport, and just speaking their mind on something they're passionate about...mmm...it's definitely a great quality to have. I really would like to somehow take art courses at a great school...like Julliard or something (is it too late to transfer?)...I mean I would suck, but it would be so inspiring to be around all these people that create beauty. Well, I'm off to 12:15 Mass...then off to, yet another, SGA meeting, and then to practice the responsorial psalm Mags and I are going to sing this weekend at 9PM Mass. Woof. Pah. Say a prayer for me!

No comments: