Wow. It's 2 'o clock on a Thursday afternoon, and I have no obligations for the rest of the day/night. I have a Mechanisms quiz tomorrow, which I need to study for, seeing as how I probably got a 60 on my Histology one today. I'm in the midst of cleaning my room, which is absolutely unlivable, but decided to take some time and offer my thoughts.
Busy Person's has come to an end. Fr. Kitten still remains to be one of the nicest fellows around (he was my spiritual director). He's just great.
We got this little essay thing that's supposed to keep us in line with God, and with ourselves. There's a nice little beginning that's fun/insightful (?)...sort of sounds like my kind of advice when I'm being positive:
"Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there, they serve some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson, or help figure out who you are or who you want to become. You never know who these people may be: your roommate, neigbor, professor, long lost friend, or even a complete stranger who, when you lock eyes with them, you know that very moment that they will affect your life in some profound way. And sometimes things happen to you and at the time they may seem horrible, painful and unfair, but in reflection you realize that without overcoming those obstacles you would have never realized your potential strength, will power, or heart." (Unknown Author)
Anyway, on an unrelated subject, I slept in this morning. It felt nice. I got up at 9, skipped morning mass because I went to 12:15, and didn't work out. But, it was worth it. Why? Because I had some really weird dreams. Dreams are so beautiful. Even if they are completely random and illogical, they say so much about my state-of-mind, and really make sleeping that much more enjoyable. I'm not even being silly (or at least not trying to be). Sometimes, I think my sleep at school isn't good because I don't dream as often as I do at home, or at least I don't remember my dreams as frequently. But when I get enough sleep, or don't have too much floating in my mind, I have these great vivid dreams, that while I may forget two seconds after waking, I still hold as a great memory and really starts my day off well. Have you ever had that?
But, this morning, I woke up a couple of times, and fell back asleep, and that seems to be when dreams really become memorable and enjoyable, and you get really angry that you get woken up because all you want to do is stay in that dream. Sometimes, and I used to do this when I was younger, I would think really hard before I fell asleep about what I wanted to dream about, and oftentimes, I would. It was crazy cool. And sometimes, and this only happened a couple of times, I would want to continue a dream that I had so I would think about continuing it, and I did. That was pretty cool, too. And maybe it's because I have a pretty good memory, but I really can remember some of the more vivid, realistic dreams even from when I was a child. It's neat that these psychosomatic manifestations that are really just a culmination of your thoughts and subconscious/unconscious are so impacting...or at least for me.
But, you know that slogan, "Follow your dreams."? (That's wrong punctuation, I think.) Anywho, it obviously is intended to you know, go for your aspirations...never give up...ya ya ya. But, one of my dreams last night, my last one...it was so like...um, ethereal, in the sense that I felt like God was implanting the dream into my head. And then I thought, "That can't be." Partly because it was so realistic and not all angelic and holy, but also because I had never felt like God, or the Holy Spirit, could really enter or speak to me when I was sleeping. But, it was powerful, in a way. I carried that with me to my last spiritual direction meeting with Fr. Kitten, and it just gave me a sense of peace for a while and a boost to act upon the dream, like God was telling me to do something.
Well, this is nothing but one really long stream-of-conscience, but if you're like me, you like dreams...and if you feel like it, share a dream that you've had...I'm a big fan of hearing people's dreams. Even though, it's strange...just like anything you describe about something personal, you can never convey it the way it is for you, which is cool--dreams are something that are yours and even if you wanted to, you couldn't let anyone else have them. But then, why would you want anyone else to have them?
3.03.2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment