Circle K had a good weekend. I was pleased. We re-painted the map of the world and of the U.S. on Saturday at Chickasaw Elementary School. Caitlin and I painted 20 states, 3 continents, with 3 different colors. That's right--we're the Master Painters. In addition, Sunday (yesterday), we sponsored 9 PM Mass. Maggie and I sang the Responsorial Psalm. My first public singing performance went rather well; it could have gone a lot worse at least. :) Mags was a great partner. As I sat in Mass, I thought about how great it is to feel warmed by the presence of friends and God. With Spencer and Burton ushering, Clare reading, and Circle K friends near the front, I felt proud to have such faithful, service-oriented friends. It's gonna be sad leaving. Mrah.
On a lighter note, I went to Carpe Diem earlier that day. It's so comical because I went to look over my Jesuit Volunteer Packet and tons of Springhillians were there, not surprisingly, seeing as it's across the street. But Nick, Adele, and Fr. Jim all ended up coming by and we sat and chatted for a while. It was nice to be able to have that semi-spontaneous meeting. Yet another thing that will be no more soon. However, drinking too much coffee on a semi-empty stomach is NOT smart. Bleh.
And now to plug: Festival of Music is this week! Any Spring Hill person that likes free music just needs to volunteer and sell tickets for the event! It'll be worth it! Thursday-Sunday! All the Circle K-ers already know (if they've checked their e-mail)! Well, I just felt like writing for bit over my Cocoa Pebbles and Dawson's Creek, this fine morning. Mucho grande love to all.
Only two weeks until Spring Break--BELIZE!!! WoO-HoO!
3.07.2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment