current playlist>>none
I've come to a conclusion. Few friends are forever. Depressing? It's not. It's life. If you think back to the days when you were a wee-tot, you had friends. You were chillen in your Osh Kosh B'Gosh overalls (or at least I was) with your little pals. Fun times. You don't remember it, in all probability. You, most likely, don't remember their names or anything about them now. And that's okay (polysyndeton, cait). Fast forward. Elementary, middle, high school...friends friends friends. Some close, some not...some "best," some not. Now: pause. College. Friends. Friends. Friends. Good times. Great times. Times you can remember most vividly. If you're a junior or senior, I'm willing to bet there are at least a few friends you had freshman year that you no longer talk to, really. At the time, you may have thought, "I like my 'friends.'" Now, they may no longer be a part of your life. Heck, even friends you actually were close to but may no longer be close to for whatever reason, consider them. I'm asking you to consider them because no matter how long, or how deep, per se, you've known them, they have touched you in some way.
I'm not sure why I decided to expound upon this tonight. Actually, I do. It's a lot of reasons. They're moot, however. People, in general, not just friends, enrich your lives whether you "know" it or not. Even if it's not in the most positive way, it helps you grow. I think it's important to fully know this fact because whether it's distance, or changes in demeanor, or introduction of new factors, or just plain end-of-the-road ambiences, the impact of your friends never lessens. Even if things get unpleasant, or uncomfortable, or whatever, recall the intensity that may have been and realize its goodness--because it was.
Few friends last forever. However, every single one of them has changed you positively. I thank God for all of my friends--past, present, future, estranged, and eternal ones. Each will always have a special place in my heart. Honest.
4.30.2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment