current playlist>>Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock's "It Takes Two" (from the Love & Basketball Soundtrack)
(remember going to the $1 movie theatre at patrick henry to see it, mer?--good times)
You know what's perplexing? "Pretty much everything," you say? Indeed. However, in this particular instance, I find messy rooms perplexing. I come back to the dorm after a brief trip home for good Korean food and to say "Adieu" to my bro, who's leaving Friday back to Cali, only to find my room looks as if it was hit by a Category 5 Twister. I don't get it. I'm a relatively clean person. After all, cleanliness is next to godliness, right? Yet, I find that my room is the farthest (thanks, cait) from "godliness" as possible. I intended on doing some MCAT as soon as I returned but I can't do work in this pigsty. It's redunkulous in Mobile 311! I spend a good chunk of time cleaning this buggah and it always seems to return to a slovenly state 3.4 nanoseconds after completion. On that note, any interested person willing to clean it for a smile?
On my ride back to campus I was thinking of ways to instantly fix my cravings to create art. Sometimes, even if it's pure crap, you just need to create something artsy. Now, obviously, this doesn't have to be in the form of an oil medium on canvas or require the use of kilns to fix your latest and greatest nude sculpture. I don't gots the time (or the talent). All of the sudden, it hit me. I needed something sweet, with a beat, and just plain neat...Poetry! Okay, so it's sort of a girly notion. BUT! It doesn't gots to be! I mean there's some cool poetry out there! e.e. cummings: it's weird, but definitely not feminine. poe: creepy and somewhat overrated, but not girly! lord byron: couldn't BE any more masculine (<--my attempt to be funny, sorry). Alas, I need to get to cleanin' and get my brain steamin' but not before I leave you with a poem that all started on my ride home:
O toilet, o toilet, you're always there for me,
When I gots to puke, gots to poop, or gots to pee.
You receive my excrement so well,
If only you could take away all the smell.
I hit your handle so ungratefully,
What the heck is wrong with me?
I need to pay for homage to you, my friend,
You're always there for me from start to end.
From now on, I vow to love you more--
I love you toilet, way more than my door!
4.14.2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment