4.27.2004

current playlist>>g. estefan & 'n sync's "music of my heart" (inspired by tonight's american idol)

Tomorrow is the last day of classes. You can't ask for more. Well, actually, it would be nice if it were tomorrow night, and there were no more classes. Well, actually, could it be next Wednesday afternoon when I'll be done with the academic year? All right, I guess "you" can ask for more. But I won't be selfish. It's nice, very nice, in fact, that tomorrow is our (that is, Spring Hill's) last day. Not to be too retrospective, too prematurely, but college has just flown by. How cliche, eh? It's amazing how one's life just goes. I'm a big fan of the song, "100 years," by Five for Fighting. It's not only a great piano piece to play, but the lyrics are just so...provocative. Take a listen, if you haven't already. It speaks loads about the courses of lives, generally (sort of random...).

I have a question for you. Yes, you. Do you ever find yourself reflect on everything about your life and just wonder, "How the hell did I get here?" Now, this isn't to imply that you're at a bad place in your life, or that something has gone disastrously wrong, but simply, all of the sudden, realize that you are just blown away by the courses of events that have lead you to where you are, right now!? It brings on the questions of fate and destiny and free-will and all that mumbo-jumbo, but don't let it. Take it in. Breathe in. Breathe out. Repeat. If you just let yourself engross...yourself...for a moment, I'll bet you come to the conclusion that you're damn lucky. I mean, obviously, you have a computer, or at least, some means to computer, if you're reading this. I mean, that in and of itself, is amazing. I don't know the statistics, but I know that number has got to be pretty friggin' small--computer ownership, that is. That, coupled with every other blessing in your life, and believe me, there are WAY more blessings than obstacles, hardships...SHIPWRECKS, if you will, in your life. Use that feeling...that knowledge to drive you to lead your life accordingly. I'm sure that didn't make any sense. I'm certainly not an expert or anything of the sort; I am no Abby. But if you even have the smallest sense of what I'm trying to convey, then hopefully you'll know that your life has the potential to contain, or develop, maybe, into whatever you want it to be.

As the summer draws near, which is just glorious, ask yourself how you can maximize everything positively in those months. Even if it's the good ole fun factor, maximize it! Go bake yourself at the beach. You may regret it when your skin is leathery and cancerous at 42, but live it up! Okay, that's enough of my words of advice...for now.

I have a cowboy hat. Yes, that's right, you read correctly. Certainly, some of you know this infamous hat. It has only been used a few times in the public light: once, at a party, where it got MANGLED, and is the main reason I cannot wear it as often as I'd like, and a couple of other, insignificant times. I like it. I got it back in August, or September, and it cost a lot of money--40 bucks. Other than the obvious question, "Why did you, you short Asian, buy this hat?," I must say I'm disappointed that it merely hangs on my burlap dorm-room wall. It needs to be worn more. Do you support such a decision? I will be spending a fraction of my time this summer at the infamous, El Giro, in Fairhope, this summer, where it will definitely see the outside! Perhaps, though, it deserves a little more attention. Perhaps at Wal-mart? There are a lot of people that could see my nice hat there. Perhaps on my way to classes? Um, perhaps not. Anyway, I'm warning all, that it will be seen in some fashion or another. Because I am of short stature, this could be a good way to make me more recognizable, and a laughing stock. Well...I have sufficiently wasted time. I wanted to look over Cell for my final, but anyone who knows me knew that wasn't going to happen.

Oh. One more thing. I'm applying to medical schools very soon. June, soon. July, at the latest. I'm taking suggestions of schools YOU may have heard about. Not Johns Hopkins. I'm too good for them. Ha. But seriously, if you know of any, drop me a line. Here's my current rought-draft of a list if you're curious:
University of Alabama (Birmingham) School of Medicine
Loyola University Chicago
Georgetown University
University of South Alabama (gag, gag)
Tulane (?)
University of Colorado
Mayo Clinic (ha)
Brown (ha ha)
Creighton (gag, gag)
Emory (?)
NYU (NY would be fun as hell)
Vandy

No comments: