3.30.2004

current playlist>>britney spears' "toxic" (don't judge, you know you like it too)

Howdy doody! I ran this morning; the first time in quite a while. I'm really tired now. I was sitting on my futon watching dawson's creek, ahem, and I started thinking about a question that seems to date back forever in my mind: "Which is better: Skittles or M&Ms?"

Last night, I ate a package of plain M&Ms. They were very, very palatable. I do, however, have many "fun-size" packages of Skittles in my little closet thingy. Initially, it might seem that Skittles are the winner. I have them in stock whereas I had to ask a friend for the M&Ms. However, maybe I just like M&Ms so much they never make it more than a day, or two, in my possession without being consumed. Additional support for the like-age of M&Ms: I steal many from Dr. Bordas during the eons that seem to pass during Monday afternoons spent T.A.-ing in the Orgo Lab. She usually offers plain ones, although there have been peanut ones on occasion. On that note...

The varieties of each are countless..well not countless. There are four kinds of M&Ms: we've got the classic plain, the nutty peanut, the right-amount-of-crunchy crispy, and the neglected, yet uber delicious peanut butter. Apparently, there are more, less marketed kinds...like mocha???, but I am not familiar with these foreign M&Ms. Oh, and don't forget those mini ones. The plethora of colors, while super marked-up, are a nice option as well. I am aware of three (that's less than four...does that score one for M&Ms???) kinds of Skittles. There's the original (the one I usually prefer) but to mix it up there's the blue package (tropical) and the purple package (berry, I think). Okay, so each gives up plenty of varieties; each is quite tasty.

Does it come down to my personal, raw bias towards non-chocolate candy as opposed to just chocolate? I am not really a chocolate connoiseur. I like my Toblerone and the occasional Snickers, but only as the occasional treat. I do think I could eat a package of Skittles daily, if forced. I don't know if I could be as submissive to an equivocal amount of chocolate. I remain unsure still...

The perks of Skittles: artificial fruit is GOOT! M&Ms: Candy shell!; caffeine; chocolate releases a certain amount of endorphines; good for the heart! Eek...it looks like the M&Ms are pulling ahead. But wait, what about the texture...

There's something satisfying about the way you can suck on the outside of a Skittle and have a sort of mini-Starburst left. I also like to bite into them...a sort of crackle of the shell into a firm Skittle medium. M&Ms are sort of soft; I'm not gonna lie. Chocolate doesn't offer much resistance for the man who wants to really bite into his candy. It's so hard to sort it all out. You tell me, which do you prefer? If I like you enough maybe that'll be enough for me to like what you like as well.

No comments: