
Back in Alaska. Settling into the new apartment...very bizarre to be living in a different place, but good. Got my wireless internet, and spent too much on groceries and apartment stuff...but, it's all good, because I'm employed as of Monday. I'll be working at STAR (Standing Together Against Rape), which is a non-profit working with sexual assault victims. I'll be a Direct Service Advocate responding to crisis intervention and being on-call responding to hospital calls where I'll advocate for sexual assault victims. It's definitely a new realm for me, but I think that the social service/public health issues that I'll be dealing with will be engaging and interesting, however challenging it may be. And it's only five blocks away from my apartment, so while I'm car shopping I won't have to worry about taking a bus or a long commute. Score.
It was super great to be home for a while. It was hotter than Hell, but nice to be with the family and see Katie, Andy, Caitlin, and Clare's parents. It was pretty low-key other than that. Lots of sleeping and staying indoors because of the inferno that is South Alabama.
I didn't hit up any of my favorite places like Carpe, Double Olive, or Waffle House. What's wrong with me? Sometimes I worry about myself. Hmm.
Only a few days left of "vacation." About to run some errands with Matt...more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment