I haven't really commented on my rowing experience. For those of you that weren't aware, I joined Anchorage Rowing Association a while back to train as a coxswain. Well, I am finally feeling comfortable giving commands, shouting at these experienced rowers, and not being (what I thought) completely inept at something I've never done. It's sort of fun for a Type A to have the only voice in a group...and to be in control! :) And while I was like, "Why am I doing this," this a couple of weeks ago, and thought about quitting, I'm glad I stuck it out, because things aren't always easy right off the bat. But...I must say, last night was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had. After expressing interest to my co-worker that got me involved that I think I would do better as a cox if I actually knew what the hell I was doing as a rower, he secured me a seat at their biggest fundraiser...250 dollars a seat...where I train/learn to row in two hours and on Sunday, will RACE against other boats of crews that have never rowed before either! It was SO SO SO much fun. I mean, granted, how much can I possibly know after two hours, but I have the basics down, and while, I still love coxing, I think I've got the itch to see if I can join the novice crew team.
And yes, muscles I probably have never used, or at least, haven't used in the past year, are quite sore, namely, my right forearm and back. Woof!
So, Sunday, little Dan will be gleaming with excitement because he will be ROWING! Haha. I only wish I had my friends up here to see the sight!
2 comments:
Good luck Dan :)
Go Dan!
Post a Comment