6.19.2006

Forties. Sausage. Pizza.

First off: I watched the 2nd half of Angels in America yesterday, which is this magnificent HBO movie a few years back about the AIDS epidemic in America in the mid-eighties, and Jeffrey Wright, this amazing actor, delivered the following so well: "I hate America, Louis. I hate this country. Nothing but a bunch of big ideas and stories and people dying, and then people like you. The white cracker who wrote the National Anthem knew what he was doing. He set the word 'free' to a note so high nobody could reach it. That was deliberate." Powerful stuff.

But to elaborate on the previous statements.

i. Forties: Katie, Matt, and I thought it would be fun (well, it was my brilliant idea), to get some forties (that's 40 oz of malt liquor to the unaware...and the drink of choice for many alcoholics up here because it's like 2.29 for the bottle, and you only need one to, um...get going) and enjoy our Friday. Well, not having eaten since lunch and being like 7-something, it didn't take long for the fun to ensue on our front deck, where the house party among four housemates (two were away, and Mary was with us, but sober sober), turned into one of the more spontaneous, fun events of the year! With me and a digital camera, you get great videos and dozens of pictures of fun fun fun fun, me falling back in my chair, peeing off of our deck...etc. etc....until fast forward to 11/12 o'clock when we were all in the bathroom having our forties and reindeer sausage (cue sausage reference) come back up in reverse. or in our bedrooms. whatever.

ii. Pizza: I've had tons of Bear Tooth pizza this weekend. A little tired of it; didn't think it was possible. Went on a hike Saturday (relatively early, especially after our previous night of fun), which was great; a bald eagle decided to circle around our heads...it was SO close! And then the lady that took us treated us to pizza at Moose's Tooth. And then last night, James' parents bought us more Bear Tooth pizza...so carbo load. yeah.

iii. Need to work on the good ole resume this week. Rumor has it MCAT scores come this week. Need to find a job. Need to find a car. But...I still have a few weeks, so I'm sure I'll just leave it until then. :)

iv. and this documentary: why we fight. you really need to watch this. i wanted to rally and protest our government and the war in Iraq (which we should already be doing), because it was so powerful and educational and real. ridiculous. so good! v for vendetta, too. damn. i watch a lot of movies.

v. and it's one of my housemate's birthdays today: so happy 23rd to katie lederle. i love you.

vi. nothing else to report. peace for now.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

And here I thought that maybe a year had matured you, but I am happy to see that you are still my same old procrastinating Dan. Fingers crossed for the MCAT.

Anonymous said...

Miss you...love you...like Caitlin...my fingers are crossed Dr. Dan!!!