11.07.2005

Cabbage dolls from the State Fair in Palmer!

Phew. Rainy days and Mondays. (It's not raining, but it's Monday...and that's a good Carpenters song.) I'm still at the office. It's 5:20 PM...I had a long, busy day, and now I'm waiting for my boss, who's giving me a ride home. I'm beat. It's nice when the days go by quickly, though.

This past weekend was great. I got to talk to Katie, Caitlin, the 'rents, Clare...good times...I had sushi on Friday night, which was AWESOME...then went out with some friends. It's nice to branch out, outside of the JV house...keeps things healthy, I think.

Saturday, we bought Carhartt's. Now...funny story: April had this idea of making fleece-lined pants, and the Core Four was like, "That would make you rich. You need to patent it." Well, Alaska beat her to it, apparently. Carhaart's are very well known for that. So, I got a pair and a pair of denim overalls (the overalls are so country, but they were 15 bucks, down from 90 bucks...SCORE). They're very Alaskan. A picture to come, I'm sure. Five out of six us bought some. Matt refused. We'll see about that.

We had to "babysit" foster kids on Friday and Saturday night. It was quite fine. 500 bucks to watch pay-per-view movies, and the best of all, four of us used the master suite bathtub as our own makeshift jacuzzi. Now granted this is for two people, but it was so appealing that we filled it up with HOT water, turned on the jets, and squeezed four of us in there. Nothing like community. Legs were everywhere; it was awesome! Skin-to-skin contact. Hollah!

Sunday, it snowed, and it was BEAUTIFUL! Who cares if it's 6 degrees outside, and feels like -6 degrees when the snow is falling and the sun is shining. Went to Mass, and then bummed around doing laundry and stuff. Went over to a friend's for Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. It was nice enough, I guess. Not really into the shows seeing as I never watch the boob tube, but it was a social thing, I guess.

And that brings me to the present. I hope the week goes by quickly. We're supposed to have a support people meeting on Thursday (but might cancel it, fingers crossed), and we're watching "The Last Temptation of Christ" for Spirituality Night on Wednesday (I think), and Clare (the housemate, not Bush) is going home to Spokane Tuesday-Sunday...so that'll be different...not entirely whole.

I'm officially leaving for L.A. from December 1-December 7! I can't wait. My brother is having a wedding reception, and his birthday is on the 2nd, so that'll be AWESOME. And I have a date with Clare Bear sometime in there. Fun times in sunny L.A. I'll enjoy the warm weather considering it's getting colder and darker every damn day.

Well. That's all. I'm going home now. I'll just curl up on the couch in the plethora of blankets, where I'll remain until dinner and then until bed. ;)

Oh, and Andy Ward is visiting me in January. Book your tickets, people! I'm so excited for visitors. I'll say it again, "Alaska is BEAUTIFUL!" It's unreal how amazing it is up here, and you can't appreciate it unless you actually visit. :)

Have a great week. Peace and love to you all.

xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just back for the Senior Retreat and missing you more than ever!!