11.27.2006

Someone come visit me this winter! I bought cross-country skis yesterday and I'm itching to use them with my Lower 48 familia! You gotta love REI.

Oh, how the life of being a jayvee fades more and more.

My Thanksgiving was loverly. In fact, I had a five-day break because unbeknownst to me, I had the day off today! I'm volunteering at our Holiday Tea event this Saturday, which means I got today off! Who knew? What a delightful surprise! It's amazing how much you can get done during the non-trafficky, normal, business-hour day. I went to the mall. I wrote some cards. I went to the Post. To the Bank. To the gym. Did my laundry. Delightful, I tell ya.

Highlights from the vacation holiday:
i. Watching Shawn get stressed from cooking the bulk of our Thanksgiving meal. ;)
ii. Having the worst gas in the history of my life from said (and eaten) meal.
iii. Lounging around and playing with Carson (a co-worker's 19-month old) on Friday.
iv. Salsa Dancing at Club Soraya (SO MUCH FUN) and Myrna's with Jenny (another co-worker w/out child).
v. Waking up at 4AM to go to Best Buy in the -6 degree weather with Bev and Matt only to abandon the fiasco when finally realizing the hundreds of people in front of us were going to take what we wanted.
vi. Cheers to doing NOTHING on Saturday.
vii. Mass on Sunday, holding Jesse (the cutest 3-month old ever...i want a kid!) at Tracey's house, and buying aforementioned skis...
viii. Eggrolls and rice at Jenny's shack in the Hood. Hollah!
ix. Impulsive buying of hair dye to dye Jenny's hair, which looks fabulous! If the dockter thing and the interior designing thing don't work out...hair stylist extraordinaire it is!

So, buy your ticket to come ski with me because snow is in the forecast and I couldn't be more excited.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

I like the way you spell doctor.

Anonymous said...

I would love to visit you...when can I come...summer?!?!