9.16.2006

I'm going to Denali!

So, we found out by pure accident that we won the Denali Road Lottery. Matt was googling (himself) online and saw that he saw his name for Denali. We had all put in our applications with the premise that if one of us got it, we would all go. Well, we didn't hear by mail (the way we should have), but thankfully Matt was bored at work and saw it.

So, my weekend will be spent road tripping to Denali. The whole cool thing about Denali is that you have to take a bus in the park all of the time, which is sort of uncomfortable and expensive. To preserve the park, they don't let you drive. Well, they offer certain slots to those in the lottery to drive, so basically we're able to drive through the park and *cross your fingers* see all of the awesome stuff like mountain sheep, bears, birds, eagles, etc. etc...Mt. Mckinley!!! up close and personal.

So...I'll keep you posted on this adventure. AND...I have pictures from Valdez that I'll post later...but here's a quick preview:

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

I am so excited for you! I was telling mom about this the other day, but I can't believe you actually won! Have a blast, babe!

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! Be safe and call and tell me all about it!