5.21.2005

silence.

well, due to caitlin's haranguing, i am blogging. it's been a really long time, too. i have some time though. more time than i'd like.

but first, an update:
1. i got the iPod photo as a graduation present from my folks. it's sweet!
2. graduation and the rest of spring hill was great. clare and i got the ignatian awards. for you non-spring hill folks, it's the highest honor for the graduating male and female seniors that embody jesuit blah blah. it was a great surprise and was glad i shared it with clare.
3. got fired from la casa. long story--politics of migrant head start centers.
4. i'm now job searching like caitlin. fortunately, i'm all about whatever. well, not whatever, but i have interviews monday for host at outback and server at olive garden. either way, i'll live, and i'll get some dough.
5. i spent a large chunk of the day organizing and writing announcements and thank yous. yeah yeah, i'm a slacker.
6. it's sort of strange to be at home. i know it's temporary and all, but it's like, whoa.
7. i am going to make a to-do list, i think, of things i'd like to do before i head to alaska. for example, i think i'd like to read and write. we'll see.
8. i still have a butt load to unpack. with college stuff, normal stuff in my room, and la casa stuff, it seems like a fruitless task to unpack when i just have to think about packing again shortly.
9. i got to see greg last weekend and clare yesterday. both were incredibly refreshing. who would have thought a week or two was long enough for me to miss my people. :(

Okay. I'm getting tired of the numerated list. I am going to look for airline tickets to Seattle. It's Kate's Birthday. I must call ASAP. We are going to spend some time in WA before Portland's Orientation. CRAZY! I'm super pumped.

Oh, and for those (Caitlin) who know I'm a super freak about e-mailing random people and doing non-sensical crap, it's not over. I still plan on using my last weeks in Mobile to have some fun. Muhaha. I'm headed off to Mass down in the Bayou in a little while, but I think blogging might be more frequent seeing as it's sort of cathartic and I get bored sometimes. Oh and our DAMN A/C unit is out in the main part of our house. It's taking forever to get it replaced (estimates and such), but in the meanwhile I'm burning. Right now, I would definitely take -30 degree weather. Well, maybe not.

xxx,
dan

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I'm so exited to see a new blog, and I have to say this one both intruiges me and makes me slightly nervous. Anyway, if you get bored, you can always come for one last Kenner visit before heading north and west. My house is always extra cold :-)
Love ya!