I'm having to write this "biosketch" for my residency along with doing paperwork. Why is it so difficult to write about oneself in the third person and not have it sound trite? "He enjoys cooking, hiking...blah blah blah...he detests writing snippets about his life in 6 sentences or less...blah blah blah."
Anyway, I start "work" tomorrow. Aside from an hour bus ride to Callao (a super sketch neighborhood), I'm excited to see what medicine is like here. It's been a while since I've had to use my brain (minus the Spanish), so we'll see. Something tells me pimping will not be an issue. I met with the doctor/coordinator of the rotation who said not to bring anything with me except the few soles (Peruvian currency) for the bus and food. No ID, no medical equipment. He even said that it wasn't a great idea to bring my Littman stethoscope. Who the hell would want that? They can take the damn thing. :)
Went with some friends to el Centro (the central part of Lima). Lots of fun. Some Peruvian man at the restaurant insisted I try his drink. No symptoms of parasitic infection, yet! Great architecture and history. Pictures later.
3.29.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment