6.26.2005

Well, I'm a blog slacker. I have about an hour before I have to head to Outback for another lovely shift of hosting. However, a friend, Kate Ward, might be working with me there for a while! That'd be good, even though she is the friend that semi-helped me in my termination at La Casa. Oh well, fun times. That's not to be taken as she got me fired, but just that she's my friend that I like horsing around with and our horsing around got us into trouble. :)

In other news, the countdown to Seattle/Portland/Anchorage is coming shortly. I am leaving out of New Orleans with Katie/Adele ;) Bilbrey on July 28th, a Thursday. It'll be a long day of flying; we don't get in until 10 that night or so. But then we have Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday to bum around in Seattle and stuff before Orientation in Portland. ACK! Scary--moving on.

My last week was pretty eventful. Interspersed with work, I wrote a crappy short story with Caitlin. I think we're abandoning it. It's not publish-worthy. Ha! That's a joke--it's not even friendly-reader worthy. I got drunk on Thursday night, not meaning to. I had some wine, beer, gin and tonics, and a martini. Yeah, it caught up to me, and at the worst time--when I was DRIVING! I was scared and praying to God that I'd make it home okay, which I did. I blame it on sitting and not being able to dance because I was at Liquid, a lounge, and when you're sitting you can't feel it hit you well. Or so I tell myself. But that was a fun night; hung out with Brother Weber and went to this Quartet Eclectic thing at the Cathedral downtown (they sucked, I thought...well, it was boring, at least).

Um, Wed. night I went out to some fun bars with a couple of friends...got hit on...it was uplifting. Didn't go to bed 'til 7-ish. Nothing wrong with some harmless fun, though. Only had three beers, too! Go me. :) See, I know self-control.

Oh oh, had dinner at the Jesuit Residence, Friday...wish Fr. Lucey was there, but alas, it was Fr. Campbell and Fr. Regan and Ken...good food though.

My mom is in South Dakota indefinitely. I hope she's back by the time I leave for Alaska. I didn't really say BYE to her as I'm banking on her return. So, it'll suck if I don't see her in July because it'll then be a YEAR before I see her (unless she comes up, which she's thinking about)! She's taking care of my grandfather who is in need of love and prayers. God has a hand in all of this, though. I pray that he is reunited with my grandmother soon, whom I know he misses. I can't imagine being married for over 50 years. INSANE! But so positively and absolutely inspiring and a reason to hope for long-lasting relationships.

Hm. Watched Super Size Me--the documentary about McDonald's and obesity. Fabulous. Made me crave a Big Mac, so I got one. :) But I'm not 700 pounds and rarely eat fast food, so I felt it was OK to indulge. But it was good. Go processed beef and "special" sauces. Smack!

I feel like this is merely a laundry list of things I've been doing and not really inspiring, not that I aim to do so, although if that's a side effect, it could be worse, I suppose. I am in the midst of reading several books, all of which I need to finish. I have five suggested JVC readings to do before Orientation; I'm reading Brave New World; Harry Potter I, sort of, and Screwtape Letters, barely. Yeah, I'm pathetic. I'm illiterate!

Alas, I'm going to relax before I greet and host the loverly patrons of the beautiful Outback. Oh, but I did have their ribs yesterday. Yum!

The picture, btw, was an experiment to see if I could really upload images, which looks like it's working. This is the house I'll be in Anchorage. The current JVC doing my position sent it to me a while back. I have some graduation pictures I'll be sending people's ways soon, so keep an eye on your mailboxes!

xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you and love you! I went on a retreat this weekend...good stuff. You were on my mind a good part of the weekend. I spoke of my Godson with pride!!!